Live Sound Tech
Different Wrld is a creative venue. We are here to break down barriers of entry to the creative industry. We host all kinds of events from live music to clown shows, free art classes, and dance nights. We are a creative collective and a tight-knit crew that likes to have fun but knows how to get shit done.
We are expanding our crew and seeking a LIVE SOUND TECH.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Personable, likes meeting new people and making connections
- Organized, can keep up gear neatly stored
- Self directed w/ good time management
- Dependable, can be on time and reliable
- Interact w/ artists + create a welcoming environment for our guests
- Has basic understanding of live sound
- Meeting bands for sound check
- Setting up gear based on stage plots
- Run sound during shows, transition setups between bands
- Troubleshoot technical issues before / during show
- Striking / reset + put away cords and equipment at end of show
- Support artists in setting up their gear w/ our mixer if needed
- Be attentive to artists’s needs during show to insure they have a good show experience
- Carry / lift heavy equipment occasionally
We have a Behringer X32 Rack Mixer that is run off of an iPad interface and have all mics / stands / cables etc for live sound setup.
$17.50 – $20 / hr depending on experience // flexible hours / shifts scheduled as needed