Different Wrld is a performance space + creative library with a coffee shop and full bar. We are here to break down barriers of entry to the creative industry. We host all kinds of events from live music to clown shows, free art classes, and dance nights. We are a creative collective and a tight-knit crew that likes to have fun but knows how to get shit done.
We are expanding our core crew and seeking a BARTENDER to help us keep this baby in order. As a bartender, you are responsible for making sure that our staff and guests are following ALE laws. Your job is to provide an enjoyable experience for our guests while upholding the laws around safe and responsible consumption of alcohol. This is not to police behavior but to make sure we are allowed to continue to operate with licensure for our business. If someone wants to engage in activities that are unlawful, we do not judge them, we just kindly ask them to leave. You may be held legally responsible by law enforcement if an infraction is to occur so please do not take this responsibility lightly.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Personable, likes meeting new people and making connections
- Organized, can keep up with fast pace drink making + cleaning tasks
- Confident in serving patrons + following ALE laws
- Self directed w/ good time management
- Likes to be a part of a fast moving team
- Prepared to tend to patrons + create a welcoming environment for our guests
- ensuring that all ALE Laws are being followed at all times
- making and serving all drinks on the menu
- creating an inviting atmosphere when interacting with guests
- keeping track of intoxication levels to ensure nobody is over-served
- maintaining cleanliness of the bar throughout shift
- completing cleaning tasks + side-work lists
$5.00 / hr + tips // 6-18hrs a week // no guarantee of hours (+ fill ins when available)